75th Division (Training Support) Unit Rings
75th Division (Training Support) “Make Ready”
Shoulder Sleeve Insignia
Khaki-bordered square with diagonal fields of blue, white, and red on which is superimposed a blue 7 and red 5.
A silver color metal and enamel device 1 3/16 inches (3.02cm) in height overall, consisting of an elliptical background of alternating scarlet and yellow rays issuing from three blue isosceles triangles combined at base (mountain peaks) each charged with a silver fleur-de-lis, all above a scarlet bridge of one arch, surmounted by a silver bayonet, enclosing four wavy horizontal bars alternating blue and silver and rounded at base, all beneath a blue scroll inscribed “MAKE READY” in silver letters.
The colors blue, red and yellow allude to the three combat arms of the Army – Infantry, Artillery and Armor. The three fleurs-de-lis symbolize the 75th Infantry Division’s World War II campaigns in Rhineland, Ardennes-Alsace and Central Europe. The mountain peaks and the wavy bars allude to the former unit’s determined fighting between the Rhine River and the Vosges Mountains. The bayonet symbolizes combat readiness and aggressiveness, while the bridge over the wavy bars alludes to the Division’s pursuance of the enemy over land and water. The rayed background symbolizes firepower and victory.
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 75th Maneuver Area Command on 9 Jul 1970. It was reassigned for the 75th Division (Exercise), with description and symbolism revised, on 1 Oct 1993. The insignia was reassigned for the 75th Division (Training Support) on 1 Oct 1999.
The 75th Infantry Division was a division of the United States Army in World War II. It served from 1952 to 1957 as a combat division of the US Army Organized Reserves. 75th Division (Training Support) plans, prepares, synchronizes, supports and executes Lanes training and Battle Command Staff Training (BCST) for assigned elements in the Fifth US Army area to improve their preparedness.
In November 1944 the division was stationed in England. The unit moved to France in December 1944 and established itself as part of the Ardennes Campaign or commonly known as “Battle of the Bulge”. In January 1945 elements of the 75th Division joined the 3rd Armor Division and made contact with the enemy near Ocquier, Belgium. On 15 January 1945 the division faced its bloodiest day of combat, wherein 465 were killed and 1707 were wounded in action.
On 8 May 1945 the 75th Infantry Division was assigned security and military duties in Westphalia Germany, after VE Day. Elements of the division received numerous awards for its involvement in WWII. The Division received 4 Distinguished Service Crosses, 193 Silver Stars, 7 Legion of Merits, 30 Soldier’s Medals, and 1,321 Bronze Star Medals. The 75th Infantry Division was deactivated n November 1945 at Camp Patrick Henry, Virginia.
The Division was again reactivated in November 1950 at Houston Texas as an Army Reserve. The 75th was assigned to the Organized Reserve Corps in February 1952. Then in 1955 it was deactivate by the Army except for a HQs and HHC becoming the origin of the 75th Infantry Division (MAC).
The 75th was again reactivated in 1993 as the 75th Division (Training Support) in the Army Reserve. Countless units of the 75th Division (Training Support) were organized in January 2003 to train other Army Reserve and National Guard units sending overseas in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom. Most of the 75th remain active to the present day.
The 75th Division Training Support’s Vision Statement: To be the premier provider of realistic and relevant battle-focused command and staff training in a digital (ABCS) contemporary operating environment, making the total force ready for any worldwide mission.